Statement of Purpose
Polar Bears Alive is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the worldwide conservation of the polar bear.
- Conserve the world's polar bears through research and education.
- Serve as a central educational resource on polar bears worldwide.
- Promote teamwork and encourage constructive dialogue.
- Build an organization that is international in scope.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible fashion.
All members of the board serve without compensation or expense reimbursement in order to ensure the lowest possible administrative costs.
Dan Guravich, Ph.D.
Board of Directors
Robert J. Wilson
Richard P. Beck
Chief Financial Officer
Walter Baranowski, M.D.
Hon. James L. Buckley
Jill Kusba, D.V.M.
Thomas D. Mangelsen
Additional german informations can be found here.